Carmi Gordon

Welcome to my life. It's been a fairly gurgle gurgle kind of existence so far, but who knows. Watch this space.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Some thoughts on my name - Part II

And a middle name - Zac.
Basically my parents just really like the name.
They are still not quite sure how to spell it, but seem to have settled on the
'c.'

It's kind of there as a fall back. In case I grow up and don't like Carmi.
It's Hebrew for 'pure' which might set the bar a little to high, but you have to start as you mean to go on.
(parental attempt to get me to turn out well, Volume I)

And as a second name in Hebrew - Zachariah - remembered by God.
One of the Hebrew prophets - Dad is a Rabbi, go figure!

But a pretty lively prophet. He had a wild vision about chariots appearing from mountains made of copper and used to hear voices of God and Angels.
It might make a decent counter-part to the purity thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home